• Current through October 23, 2012

A party or support enforcement agency seeking to modify, or to modify and enforce, a child support order issued in another state shall register that order in the District in the same manner as provided in part A of this subchapter if the order has not been registered. A petition for modification may be filed at the same time as a request for registration, or later. The pleading must specify the grounds for modification.

(Feb. 9, 1996, D.C. Law 11-81, § 609, 42 DCR 6748.)


Prior Codifications

1981 Ed., § 30-346.9.

Legislative History of Laws

For legislative history of D.C. Law 11-81, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 46-301.01.

Uniform Law

This section is based upon § 609 of the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (2001 Act). See Volume 9, Part IB Uniform Laws Annotated, Master Edition, or ULA Database on Westlaw.