• Current through October 23, 2012

A decree for a divorce, or a decree annulling a marriage, may not be rendered on default, without proof; and an admission contained in the answer of the defendant may not be taken as proof of the facts charged as the ground of the application, but shall be proved by other evidence in all cases.

(Dec. 23, 1963, Pub. L. 88-241, § 1, 77 Stat. 562.)


Prior Codifications

1981 Ed., § 16-919.

1973 Ed., § 16-919.