• Current through October 23, 2012

The defendant or any other person interested in the proceedings who is not satisfied with the sufficiency of the surety or with the amount of the penalty named in the bond filed pursuant to section 16-501, may apply to the court for an order requiring the plaintiff to give an additional bond in such sum and with such security as may be approved by the court. If the plaintiff fails to comply with any such order the court may order the attachment to be quashed and any property attached or its proceeds to be returned to the defendant or otherwise disposed of, as to the court may seem proper.

(Dec. 23, 1963, 77 Stat. 545, Pub. L. 88-241, § 1.)


Prior Codifications

1981 Ed., § 16-505.

1973 Ed., § 16-505.