Current through October 23, 2012
For purposes of this chapter, the following terms have the following meanings:
(1) The term "Board of Judges" means the chief judge and the associate judges of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia.
(2) The term "chief judge" means the chief judge of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia.
(3) The term "clerk" means the clerk of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia or any deputy clerk.
(4) The term "Court" means the Superior Court of the District of Columbia and may include any judge of the Court acting in an official capacity.
(5) The term "juror" means (A) any individual summoned to Superior Court for the purpose of serving on a jury; (B) any individual who is on call and available to report to Court to serve on a jury upon request; and (C) any individual whose service on a jury is temporarily deferred.
(6) The term "jury" includes a grand or petit jury.
(7) The term "jury system plan" means the plan adopted by the Board of Judges of the Court, consistent with the provisions of this chapter, to govern the administration of the jury system.
(8) The term "master juror list" means the consolidated list or lists compiled and maintained by the Board of Judges of the District of Columbia Courts which contains the names of prospective jurors for service in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia.
(9) The term "random selection" means the selection of names of prospective jurors in a manner immune from the purposeful or inadvertent introduction of subjective bias, so that no recognizable class of the individuals on the list or lists from which the names are being selected can be purposefully or inadvertently included or excluded.
(10) The term "resident of the District of Columbia" means an individual who has resided or has been domiciled in the District of Columbia for not less than six months.
var val = document.getElementById('citecontent').innerHTML; art.dialog.defaults.title = window.location.href; art.dialog.data('cite', val); art.dialog.data('homeDemoPath', '/Scripts/plus/artDialog/'); art.dialog.open('/Scripts/plus/artDialog/citeiframe.html');
(Nov. 14, 1986, 100 Stat. 3635, Pub. L. 99-650, § 2.)
1981 Ed., § 11-1902.
Short title: See Historical and Statutory Notes following § 11-1901.