Current through October 23, 2012
The Council of the District of Columbia is authorized and directed to accept the land lying along Foundry Branch between Massachusetts Avenue and Reservoir Street, dedicated by Charles C. Glover for park purposes, and containing approximately seventy-seven and one-half acres, as more accurately shown on map number 1003, filed in the Office of the Surveyor of the District of Columbia, which tract of land shall be known as "The Glover Parkway and Children's Playground"; and the Council is further authorized to accept any dedications of additional land contiguous to this tract for park purposes.
var val = document.getElementById('citecontent').innerHTML; art.dialog.defaults.title = window.location.href; art.dialog.data('cite', val); art.dialog.data('homeDemoPath', '/Scripts/plus/artDialog/'); art.dialog.open('/Scripts/plus/artDialog/citeiframe.html');
(June 6, 1924, 43 Stat. 464, ch. 271, § 1.)
1981 Ed., § 8-156.
1973 Ed., § 8-162.
Change in Government
This section originated at a time when local government powers were delegated to a Board of Commissioners of the District of Columbia (see Acts Relating to the Establishment of the District of Columbia and its Various Forms of Governmental Organization in Volume 1). Section 402 (184) of Reorganization Plan No. 3 of 1967 (see Reorganization Plans in Volume 1) transferred all of the functions of the Board of Commissioners under this section to the District of Columbia Council, subject to the right of the Commissioner as provided in § 406 of the Plan. The District of Columbia Self-Government and Governmental Reorganization Act, 87 Stat. 818, § 711 (D.C. Code, § 1-207.11), abolished the District of Columbia Council and the Office of Commissioner of the District of Columbia. These branches of government were replaced by the Council of the District of Columbia and the Office of Mayor of the District of Columbia, respectively. Accordingly, and also pursuant to § 714(a) of such Act (D.C. Code, § 1-207.14(a)), appropriate changes in terminology were made in this section.